We are committed to operating to the principles of responsible sourcing and sustainable development
Responsible Sourcing is an ethos of supply chain management and product stewardship, encompassing and encouraging positive social, economic and environmental measures.
The Board of Supreme Concrete Limited is committed to ensuring that the constituent materials used within our products and the supply chains that provide them are responsibly sourced in accordance with the requirements set out under BES 6001 - Standard for the Responsible Sourcing of Construction Products.
Supreme has supplemented its Environmental Management System with documented information that is certified by BSI as being compliant with the requirements of BES 6001.
Implementation of this policy involves demonstration of a wide range of commitments, many of which are covered in existing company management systems. Therefore, this policy may be read in conjunction with Supreme's Quality, Environmental and Health and Safety policies.
Supreme Concrete is committed to operate to the principles of responsible sourcing and sustainable development and recognises that BES 6001 (Issue 3.0 2014) “Framework Standard for Responsible sourcing of Construction Products” provides an appropriate framework for structuring its operations and demonstrating performance to stakeholders.
We commit to undertake the following:
- Adopt and apply standards of ethical behaviour appropriate to the purpose and activities of our organisation.
- Comply with the requirements of applicable legislation, regulations and other internal or external requirements.
- Maintain and improve our internal management systems to ensure we operate in a legal, efficient and financially sustainable manner, with continual improvement in the management of quality, the environment, life cycle environmental performance, health and safety and human resources .
- Communicate and work constructively with the supply chain to deliver sustainable policies and practices, including adherence to this policy.
- Identify stakeholders affected by the activities of the organisation and its supply chains and be responsive to their needs.
- Operate with transparency and record and report complaints and associated corrective actions, through our environmental management system.
- Respect international norms concerning human rights and labour practices.
- Operate in a responsible manner to protect employees, contractors and visitors.
- Develop and improve systems to monitor and mitigate our impacts.
- Be responsible stewards of sites by preventing pollution and recognising the importance of national heritage, ecological value and biodiversity during use and after the end of life of each site.
- Implement fair operating practices with regards to employment and economic activities, including development of a skilled and competent workforce.
- Aim to develop innovative and effective products that improve the quality and sustainability of the built environment.
The Directors trust that all employees of whatever status shall contribute to the continual development, improvement and implementation of our management systems, products and services, and this policy.